Information for Stall Holders – Frequently Asked Questions. FAQ

Created with Sketch.

Where will the stalls be?

The regatta is held on the quayside at The Hythe, Maldon, CM9 5HN. Stall holders need to note that guy ropes cannot be use as there is a concrete surface. You also need to be aware that occasionally the tide will encroach on the quay – this is rare but you need to be mindful that your stock can be lifted off of the floor or is kept in waterproof containers.


You can arrive to set up from 8.30am in readiness for a 10.00am start. Please don’t arrive earlier than this as the regatta team are fully occupied marking out stall spaces and setting up other amenities. The shore side stalls generally continue until 4pm, it is not possible to allow cars/vans onto the quay before this time for clearing away.

Where will I be?

While you may request to have your stall in a particular position and we will try to accommodate you, please be aware this is not always possible because it is dependent upon the number and type of stalls we are trying to cater for. You will be shown to your pitch on your arrival at 8.30am on the quay.

What type of stalls?

On occasion, we must turn down applications for stalls, for example if we have too many applications for stalls offering the same products or services. We encourage small independent businesses, a proportion of ‘not for profit’ organisations and those with a nautical theme.

Where can I unload and then park?

Cars/vans have access to the quay from 8.30am to 9.30am. On arrival you will be given a parking ticket for the car park in the Promenade Park which will allow you to park for free until 5pm. The Promenade Park is accessed from Park Drive.

What do I need to bring for my stall?

We only provide the space for your stall. Unfortunately we are no longer able to supply electricity on the quay. If you require it you will need to bring your own generator. You will also need to bring everything you need for your stall and your comfort egs. Tables, awning, chair etc.

Do I need Insurance and a Risk Assessment?

You will need;

  1. Public liability insurance.

2.Risk Assessment.

3. food hygiene certificate, if your stall is dealing with food

Copies of which must be sent with your booking form.